Monday, July 03, 2017

Bluebonnet Country

"Bluebonnet Country"  16x20
oil on canvas

A couple of years ago, before we moved to our more northern locale, I loved to go out and see and paint the bluebonnets.  In Texas, bluebonnet season is usually around March - April...but only lasts two weeks sometime during those months.  I used to drive about an hour to Brenham, Chapel Hill, Bellville, Texas and beyond.  The bluebonnets stretch from Houston west and in years where there was abundant rainfall the year before, it can be a glorious sight to see.  The year I took this photo was one of those years.  I painted a lot plein air that year but this one was actually done from a photo-something I don't really care to do but I was happy with the result of this one.  Usually I overwork studio landscapes (particularly bluebonnets-it's so easy to get soo picky with these).  I hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment