Wednesday, October 28, 2015

It's been a while


"China and Primroses"  12x12


It has been quite a while since I've blogged.  My husband and I were involved in a very big move from Houston to 'the top of the hill country'.  We sold our home in Houston and we now live in a lovely small town or village (it's not even incorporated) about an hour southwest of Ft. Worth, Texas.  It's taken me a while to get assimilated to a new place and really we are still in the process of doing that.  But I do like living in the country.  Our home is on 12 acres and it's been an ongoing transition.  It's quite a bit different from Houston.  No traffic, no humidity, and some beautiful scenery.  On the down side, I do miss my wonderful friends in the Houston area and the great stimulation of learning alongside my peers in order to grow as an artist.  But moving provides a good way to grow in another way and now I'm looking forward to doing that...I haven't been able to paint as much although I am painting some. That is about to change.  I'll be putting all I have into it very soon~I hope you will stay tuned.  I have not been out of the picture entirely and some good things have happened in the past year.  I am now a signature member of American Impressionists Society and a Master Signature member of American Women Artists Association, both very prestigious groups.  Last year I was awarded an Award of Excellence at the Oil Painter's of America's Western Regional show and won best of show in a local plein air competition.  

While getting back my painting legs I've decided to sell some small 6x6 (and a few others) at very reasonable prices.  Some of these will be auctioned at Daily Paintworks.  Here is a link if you would like to see some of those small sketches.

Thank you for reading my blog and I always appreciate feedback from friends.  Blessings, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment