Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I've been up to

Hi Everyone,  It's hard to keep up with a blog for me.  There is always something else on the agenda.  I'm sure we all feel the same way.  I thought this year might not be quite so busy but I was wrong.  I've been entering a few shows.  Some successfully, others not so much but that's the way it goes.  I thought today I'd just post a couple of new paintings.  Take care and thanks for being faithful followers.

The first painting is from my trip to Provence a couple of years ago.  The second painting, Desert Drama was done on location in Tucson last November for the American women artist's paint out at the Sonoran Desert Museum.

I'm in two shows in Dallas in April.  Both the openings are on April 6 so that will be a really full day, Rites of Spring, Dutch Art Gallery (the Provence painting will be in that one)  in the morning and Outdoor Painter's Society's Southwest Salon show in the afternoon and evening at Southwest Gallery in Dallas on Sigma Rd.  Stop by if you can.  More info is on my website at www.judycrowe.com.

In progress are some illustrative paintings of Women in the Bible or "Women of the Word", a series of books by authors Dr. Nancy Dawson and Raye Pearson.  There will be 7 books and I've been asked to illustrate via paintings the book covers.  I hope to post some images of those very soon.  In addition if you would like to see the author's website and blog, I will update you as that will be up and running before too long as well.  Again, thank you for following my blog!

Wine and Lavender, Spring in Provence 24x30 oil on gator board

Desert Drama 12x9 oil on linen panel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, I love both of these paintings. The one of the cactus I find particularly evocative. You have captured the light beautifully. I am very drawn to arid landscapes and one day would love to visit the American deserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,
    Je découvre ton blog, j'aime beaucoup ton travail! Des aventures et de très belles photos.
    Je suis artiste peintre, photographe amateur; je me suis inscrite pour suivre tes publications!
    Je t'invite à me rendre visite sur mes blogs et voir mon travail, merci beaucoup et bonne journée!

    HI, I discover your blog that I like very much! adventures and very beautiful photographs.
    I am french amateur photographer; I was registered to follow your publications
    Do not hesitate to visit my blogs and see my work, thank you, have a nice day! Cath.

    ReplyDelete