Thursday, January 19, 2012

Flow blue and pansies

Flow Blue and Pansies  
Flow Blue with Pansies 10x10

I love to paint pansies.  Pansies and roses are probably my favorite flowers.  I like sunflowers too but pansies are so colorful.  Color is king I think.  :)  This is one of my few flow blue pieces.  Wish I had more but they are pretty expensive so I buy the Wabi Sabi ones.  I pick these up where I can.  Usually they are chipped or the lid is missing or something.  This sugar bowl has no lid but it makes a perfect flower pot.  I like Wabi Sabi things.  If you don't know what Wabi Sabi means, here it is in a nutshell:  Wabi-Sabi is a traditional Japanese idea based on the acceptance of transience. It also means seeing beauty in imperfection, impermanence, incompletion and decay. This sort of beauty can be found both in nature and in man-made things. 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!  

My website
Contact Judy Link

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. You and I are so much alike loving the flowers. This is a delightful painting with color and great movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti Necessary6:46 AM

    Judy,
    You are so talented!!! I love pansies too!
    Hope you and your family have a happy 2012!!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love pansies and they are such a wonderful flower to paint.
    Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete