Friday, January 20, 2012

End of Summer Sunflowers

End of Summer Sunflowers  7x5

I did this painting a month or so ago and forgot that I did not post it!  That's where my head is these days...this painting will be in the upcoming Art Party show that I'm in on February 4.  The info is on my Facebook page if you are interested in coming and live in the Houston area.  Would love to see you.  Art Party is a one day event.  My friend Jimmy McDonald puts it on in his studio which at one time was his home.  It's a very fun event with fabulous food, live entertainment and a variety of very good art.  I am proud that Jim asked me to come again.  This will be my second 'art party'.  :)  I'll be selling some of these smaller paintings at very very affordable prices.

On anther note, I read a great article last night.  Would like to share it with you. This article makes a wonderful argument for why the arts are so important in our everyday lives.  It made me thankful once again to be an artist and to be able to hopefully contribute something of value to the world we live in and thankful that there are other artists with completely different visions that do the same.  Enjoy: http://www.utne.com/arts--culture/this-art-is-your-art.aspx#ixzz1js4X1pI9.  

Thanks for stopping in today!  


No comments:

Post a Comment