Thursday, October 30, 2008

White Horse Pub

Hi Everyone,

Well I am finally getting back into the studio after a long absence. I have been out of town a lot in the past 3 weeks. I went to England to paint for two weeks and then went to Dallas last week after my sister flew to Houston. We drove together to my brother's surprise b-day party. He was very surprised. It was a great time but because of all of that, I have been out of pocket a lot. Life is busy. But I have made it back to my studio and am beginning to evaluate my work from both the European trips that I have made this year. After completing a couple of commissions that I have in the works, I will be working on some larger paintings from the trips to France and England. I am excited just thinking about that. This particular study (6x8) was done on our first day of painting there. We were in Shere, in Surrey Shire, just south of London. We stayed at the Rookery Nook B and B. A really sweet couple own it and if you are ever in that part of England, I would recommend staying there. This pub, "The White Horse Pub" was the setting for the movie "The Holiday" starring Cameron Diaz. We had dinner there that evening also. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment