Thursday, September 25, 2008

True To Texas

Another plein air piece which was painted near my home in Spring, Texas. The buildings behind the hay bales are part of an old home-place that belonged to the Benfer Family. The Benfers are part of the German heritage around here-the first settlers in this part of Texas. I met Mr. Benfer before he sold this property to Faithbridge United Methodist Church. The buildings are still standing, at least for a while behind the church and you can drive back into the property and paint in a safe and very quiet atmosphere. I remember the day that I painted this. It was sunny but a bit windy and so I hid behind the church's bus which was nearby. Anyway, it was a good day and is a good representation of the way life used to be. Sometimes I think I was born too late! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Blessings for today-

"True to Texas" 11x14 oil on linen panel Please email me at judyacrowe@gmail.com if you are interested in this piece. It is framed in a very nice dark frame. This is a gallery piece. The price is $1145.00, framed.
Shipping and insurance on this piece is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment